Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: 2014-09-27 09:21
Posts: 1550
Location: 日本
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
Wait....even our beloved Framemeister??

_________________
CaptainJistuce: He's totally in the wrong, Kakashi's 100% in the right.
Note: The above statement is subject to act of byuu.


2017-08-21 08:49
User avatar

Joined: 2014-09-27 09:22
Posts: 5157
Location: A chair.
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
Kakashi wrote:
Wait....even our beloved Framemeister??

Expensive and out of production.

_________________
Just in case you thought something could EVER be straightforward, and needed someone to dash your hopes across the rocky shoals of harsh reality.

; write !!!


2017-08-21 08:51
User avatar

Joined: 2014-09-27 09:21
Posts: 1550
Location: 日本
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
No wonder it went up in price. Curse this niche market!

_________________
CaptainJistuce: He's totally in the wrong, Kakashi's 100% in the right.
Note: The above statement is subject to act of byuu.


2017-08-21 08:53
User avatar

Joined: 2014-09-27 09:23
Posts: 2201
Location: Germany
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
OSSC is still going strong, apparently.

_________________
My setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → Multi Out to SCART cable → EuroSCART to Mini cable → Framemeister (with Firebrandx' profiles) → AVerMedia Live Gamer Extreme capture unit → RECentral 4 viewing/recording software


2017-08-21 09:35

Joined: 2016-07-25 01:17
Posts: 27
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
creaothceann wrote:
Let's do a kickstarter for 5A22/PPU/APU decapping, scanning & reconstruction then.

Don't know if that would succeed. Seems very niche. How much does it cost to decap and scan? Needless to say, 4 different ICs would have to be decapped (CPU, 2 PPUs, and APU), which would raise the price even more. Also there's the question on what revisions to scan. I'd prefer the 2/1/3 myself, but having the 1/1/1, 2/1/2, and the 1CHIP documented would also be nice (and even more expensive due to 4 extra chips having to be decapped in that case).

Although if there was some publicity, it could happen, just like how there was publicity when USPS lost byuu's package, but they were found due to the articles.

creaothceann wrote:
OSSC is still going strong, apparently.

OSSC is great, and probably better than the Framemeister in most cases, but your TV has to support it. Personally, I'll keep using CRTs until they all die.


2017-08-21 19:56
User avatar

Joined: 2014-10-29 21:24
Posts: 1814
Location: People's Republic of America
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
glitchr wrote:
4 different ICs would have to be decapped (CPU, 2 PPUs, and APU)

Aren't the SMP and DSP in separate chips in pre-1CHIP models? That would make 5 ICs that need to be decapped.

_________________
bsnes-mcfly: A port of the Qt GUI from v073 to v106.
nSide: A higan fork w/NES boards and peripherals and Sonic & Knuckles Lock-On.
Dragon Quest I & II RPGOne Beran Inn bugfix


2017-08-21 20:05

Joined: 2016-07-25 01:17
Posts: 27
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
hex_usr wrote:
glitchr wrote:
4 different ICs would have to be decapped (CPU, 2 PPUs, and APU)

Aren't the SMP and DSP in separate chips in pre-1CHIP models? That would make 5 ICs that need to be decapped.

That's a good point. Hadn't even considered the DSP.


2017-08-21 20:09

Joined: 2014-09-27 09:44
Posts: 966
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
glitchr wrote:
creaothceann wrote:
Let's do a kickstarter for 5A22/PPU/APU decapping, scanning & reconstruction then.

Don't know if that would succeed. Seems very niche. How much does it cost to decap and scan? Needless to say, 4 different ICs would have to be decapped (CPU, 2 PPUs, and APU), which would raise the price even more. Also there's the question on what revisions to scan. I'd prefer the 2/1/3 myself, but having the 1/1/1, 2/1/2, and the 1CHIP documented would also be nice (and even more expensive due to 4 extra chips having to be decapped in that case).

Although if there was some publicity, it could happen, just like how there was publicity when USPS lost byuu's package, but they were found due to the articles.


byuu* can always try to contact them.

* I say byuu because, being Wigan's author, he's the most respectable for such a request.

_________________
"Even if b became the most amazing programming language the world has ever seen, I would not rewrite higan/icarus in it. I can 100% guarantee you of that." — byuu


2017-08-21 23:35
User avatar

Joined: 2014-09-25 13:52
Posts: 8294
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1707

WHY WON'T IT READ?!?!

_________________
What the hell's going on? Can someone tell me please?
Why I'm switching faster than the channels on TV.
I'm black, then I'm white. No, something isn't right.
My enemy's invisible, I don't know how to fight.


2017-08-22 00:42

Joined: 2014-09-27 09:44
Posts: 966
 Re: MIST - FPGA emulation is the shit
My bad.

_________________
"Even if b became the most amazing programming language the world has ever seen, I would not rewrite higan/icarus in it. I can 100% guarantee you of that." — byuu


2017-08-22 07:14
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next